View Single Post
Old 01-13-08, 01:25 PM   #43
M. Sarsfield
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Thanks.

I was doing some more thinking about the cut wires and the diving alarm. You'll notice that the diving alarm contactor has two cables that used to come out of it. According to the manual, one cable went into the signal generator(s) and the other bypasses the 1MC/7MC system completely and operates the H-9 diving horns found in almost every compartment - I have yet to see a single horn on the Batfish, though and if the diving gauges were stolen from her when it was being shipped up river, the horns may have grown legs and walked off, too.

What I don't know is where the junction box is that the diving alarm contactor connects to in order to operate the diving horns directly. Any advice on this would help us a lot, as well. We could probably get the horns running long before the 1MC comes back online.

Currently with the diving and collision alarms disconnected from the signal generators, I think the system could still operate as a PA and communication center. One of the voice amplifiers is completely intact as far as tubes go. A few fuses are missing behind the control panel up top, but that is easily fixable. I think they may have been removed when some of the alarms and one of the signal gnerators were diconnected. Whomever cut this stuff definitely had a method to their madness.
www.ussbatfish.com

Communism killed over 100M people and all that I got was this lousy signature.*

*http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/COM.ART.HTM
M. Sarsfield is offline   Reply With Quote