View Single Post
Old 09-10-11, 03:40 AM   #57
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
You all need to quit being so freakin' lazy. I need tools to do this, I need tools to do that....that is pure and simple laziness and making excuses. Everybody in today's world wants things handed to them. They sit there with their hand out saying give me give me. Learn how the game engine works, learn the files and you will be much better at making whatever you want to make. Quit relying on crutches and others to do the work Everything isn't always easy....yes you might have to learn something for a change and it might take some time to do.
If I had this lazy/crutch mentality I'd be nowhere with SH5 today.
The excuse of only certain people possess the knowledge to do things in SH5 is total horse crap. Are you capable of learning? I think you are. You just choose to take the easy route and wait for a handout/crutch.
I'm a jurist by profession; I finished high school and then 5 years university in laws plus 2 years sitting at home studying 14+ hours daily 365 days a year to pass one of the most hard exams possible in the spanish administration for becoming a highly qualified rate A public servant (Average time to pass that exam is normally 5 years).

I would like to see you, who IIRC are engineer by profession, learning in some weeks, months or even years to make the studies, informations or veredicts I do.

Despite having chosen the specialy of humanities at high school (which means no maths, physics or chemical study for me from the 10th grade onwards) I have learned to use Paint Shop pro, modelling programs, basic programming, and have participated and created lots of mods here and in motorsport sims.

But there is a limit, and I can't compete with someone who is dedicated to sciences and computers, same as him won't be able in many years to reach half the level I have as jurist.

You must accept it, mate, I know you have a brilliant mind and as such you tend to undersestimate the difficulties that other people, even if intelligent enough, have when it comes learn certain things. It's not a matter of lazyness, and I know any of us can learn a lot, but at what cost? If computers and programming is not your profession or key to it, but your hobby instead, the effort of learning the fundaments of what is needed to start creating tools or doing "deep" modding is simply not worth it.

Thinking that someone should invest almost as many years as in his professional formation, just to be able to add new units to a computer game is simply crazy ... accept it