View Single Post
Old 08-07-11, 12:59 PM   #49
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Well, after looking around I think I am going to stick with the 5770 for now. I'm very happy with the one I've already got and can pick up another at a great price if I want to Crossfire it. Plus I know it will fit in the case with plenty of clearance.

Looks like I can also pick up either a Sony or Pioneer BR drive for around $100 OEM most places as well. PSU concerns are pretty well solved at this point, those items and the kb/mouse may be all I have to worry about getting ordered and shipped over the next couple of weeks.

If I can get going on the major internal stuff to see how space works out, I'll know more about extras like optional fans and whatnot - I may still have time to order them online but they can be picked up locally fairly cheap so that's not a big deal.

So... maybe I need to start putting things together, or at least getting them in the case now as I start to aquire them.

I suppose the first job will be sticking the CPU on the mobo and getting both of them in there, in whatever order that has to be done. And that's the only stuff I've never tinkered with before so it should be interesting.

I will say one thing, it will be nice to stick RAM sticks on a mobo without 300 other things in the way for once. At least the cost in # of Band-aids used should be somewhat less than I'm used to.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote