View Single Post
Old 03-21-22, 09:16 AM   #534
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

26 December 1942

I usually like to wait after the replay to get the actual game save file before I do a turn's AAR, but I have no idea how long it's going to be until that happens this time. But I do have the replay, so might as well while the memory is fresh.

Babar Island
The enemy broke off a detachment of destroyers and subchasers to try to deal with my subs. They didn't hit anything this turn. They also sent an amphibious force to land more troops on the island, which drove my amphibious supply run off. The troops are (from) the 56th Division, last known to be in Sumatra. The PT squadron failed to engage as is ended up being baited away by the ASW detachment.

In the air, Babar was swept, then CAPed by the enemy. The sweeps cost us 7 P-39s and 4 P-40s while shooting down only 3 Zeroes and 2 Oscars. Our medium bomber raid took heavy losses to the CAP: 2 P-38s, 5 B-25s, and 9 B-26s, with 5 Zeroes and 2 Rufes shot down.

The bomber losses will hurt, but if the KB is close enough to put a CAP on Babar, maybe I can wear them down with sweeps of my own.

EDIT: Got the save file, info there showed that the transport sub Argonaut had been bombed unloading supplies at Babar. It's limping to Darwin for a patch-up, then to Brisbane for real repairs.

Burma
We lost a B-24 at Mandalay to flak, the bomber formation shot down an Oscar. Damage to the enemy was light (poor weather affecting accuracy), but they didn't attack so Mandalay is still ours for now.

Last edited by Molon Labe; 03-27-22 at 05:25 PM.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote