Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Hunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
Hold your horses there Hunter. Looks like the damage is pre-scripted like now on IL2, instead of an dynamic DM, which I really was hoping. Just see the 2nd pic, both wings have 11 holes, the tail wings both have 3. Oh well, it still going to kick some butt.
Dynamic damage would eat up GOBS of CPU power. There's practically no way you could do it without suffering severe lag at one point or another (like if 3 BF-109's gang up on 1 Hawker Hurricane; the plane gets shot to pieces, but with so much going on [dynamic damage, bullet effects, plane logs, plane sounds, etc.] you'd suffer pretty bad lag). We're not quite there yet, even in terms of the PC power we have today.
Yes, I know, I said that on last page.

Quote:
Also, on the other thread Oleg said that they try to make the damage more invidual to all the bullets, but there's an limit on how far they can go. Making the bullets really make real holes is possible but with everything else on SOW, it would need an hyper PC to run the game. Let's hope there will even be decals for all the bullets, would be cool.
But the thing is, when SoW is done, they arent going to touch the game mechnics too much afterwards. Like IL2, there's lots of expansions etc. but the game has been practically the same, with only very small adjustments.

I dont know, maybe I was just hoping for something different than pre-determined bulletholes from a flightsim that has cars with suspension and openable doors.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote