View Single Post
Old 09-17-14, 09:35 AM   #54
walsh2509
XO

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

Q? on WOS 1.02/1.02 patch5, I've got it loaded and working now, started off in Poland, mission intercept and report task force.

Get to the area 2 merchants and 2 Polish destroyers, to cut a long story short, the 2 destroyers are like utter man'd up, I TCx to the area and when the 2 were called out and appeared on my map I went down to TCx1. I measured the distance and it was 16km, they were turning and heading at speed to me. The 2 merchants I to within 1500m of them and popped my PS just, 10 secs and the 2 DD who were at least 6000m away where shelling me and hit me about 3 times and that was that ..

I had saved the game before that encounter and started again, this time I ran time on and the 2 merchants sailed away the 1 of the 2 DD were pinging for me .. the little orange circle mid DD map icon was that size when I was at 0, but putting it to 1 seen that orange listening range open up to a really bit area so I stopped again. Again I ran time on and when thought the were a safe distance away I came up to PS depth and had a look, they were about 6500m away. I decided to see what kind of look area they had "Grey Circle" round the DDs icon, I popped up to decks away and the grey circle got bigger and bigger, I just had enough time to measure from the DD icon out to the edge of this Grey circle around it .. it went out to 10km.

I played Grey Wolfs mod years ago, and didn't see DD this powerful until after the happy times and even then I don't think the lookouts were that powerful on them ...

Is this the way they are supposed to be in this mod ?

Thanks ..
walsh2509 is offline   Reply With Quote