View Single Post
Old 11-21-09, 02:33 PM   #71
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldorak View Post
Nikimcbee you fail to understand just what a scientific theory is.
I doubt you would even understand what the scientific method is all about. Man this is an age of scientific obscurantism.
Carl Sagan must be screaming in his grave.
Thanks for telling me what understand and don't understand you arrogant ass. Any other insults?

@ Haplo: I didn't mean you personally. Please don't take it as a personal insult. I'm more talking about some of those faux science shows that they show on cable now and then used by uber religious people to prove their point. I have my own personal beliefs and I'm not really interested in proving if their right or not. That's probably why there are so many different religions today.

Now the funny thing is is to watch 2 scientists debate a point ( see global warming) or the dinosaurs. The glass is half full, no it's half empty. I think it's all about the ego, " I'm right and you're wrong." Both science and religion have them.
Ultimately, I think there is something greater than us all out there, can I prove it? No. Do I care? I've got more important things to worry about.

See the thing is; I believe in evolution. The Bible (or other scripture) wasn't intended to be a science manual, but a set of instructions to prepare you for the afterlife. When I want/need science knowledge, there are plenty of good science books out there.