View Single Post
Old 04-05-20, 09:26 AM   #17
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral8Q View Post
Prince Edward Island, Canada. The nice thing about an island is it's easy to shut off incoming traffic. Only three ways in. The 9 mile long bridge, the ferry, or the airport. All shut down to the public now.
-
I'm fine, but my mother is in the hospital with that virus. She's in Europe.
Another Islander here. So sorry to hear about your Mom. Hope she is alright.

Here in Canada's smallest province things are so far (crosses fingers) going pretty good. Out of a population of 160,000 we have 22 cases but 6 of those are considered recovered. No deaths and no one has been hospitalized. All the cases have been related to international travel. All of the victims appear to be very conscientious about their travel history and self isolation. So far there has been no community transmission of the virus. But you know ... people are stupid and careless.

A lot of businesses have been closed. All restaurants are closed but some offer take out. The local Tim Hortons coffee shops were places where old retirees like myself would gather for socializing and coffee. They are now drive through only. Lots of people are working from home including my wife who works in the insurance business. That's a bit of an adjustment for me. I go for a couple of walks a day and I notice a lot more people are walking but everyone keeps their distance.

I keep busy on the internet, playing guitar and doing house chores. I try not to worry. I have a brother and his wife and a sister and her husband who are all in the very high risk category.

The toughest part of this thing is not seeing our two young grandchildren. But there is Instagram and Facetime which we use quite regularly.

Here's wishing all the best to all SubSim members around the world. Stay safe, be careful and keep in touch.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote