Old 04-25-20, 06:27 AM   #13056
ShootingFish86
Nub

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Hi ShootingFish86 and welcome aboard!

Lately the U-play version of the game has shown many compatibility issues. This is unfortunate indeed.

Probably someone else will pop up with a better suggestion, but I would recommend you to get another version of the game. Preferably the CD version, or even the Steam version, whose compatibility issues with TWoS have been finally solved. These days SH5 is so cheap that you can buy it (again) for the same price of a packet of cigarettes (I know, I know, smoking is not a good habit ).

Alternatively, you could try looking for a "trial" version of the game, if you know what I mean, and activate it with the credentials you bought from Uplay. That should work as well, you won't loose any functionality, and it wont cost to you any (extra) penny.
I'm sure my wife meant well when she bought me the uPlay version lol. she probably didn't intend for it to be the worst possible version to buy for modding (and it annoyed me slightly that i had to install yet another launcher onto my computer). I don't mind buying another version of the game but unfortunately my search has been fruitless. It seems that steam uk does not sell it for cheap (it is available only as part of a collection for £25). Disc copies are available on eBay, but only from germany at a price of around £14. Not to sound like a cheapstake but i begrudge paying that amount of money for a game i already own, particularly when the money won't actually go towards the developers and count in a "make more of this game, people like it" kind of way.

I may have to sit on this for a little while, and once world events mean i can go back to work i may rethink and loosen the purse strings a little.

Thanks for your reply
ShootingFish86 is offline   Reply With Quote