View Single Post
Old 04-23-20, 11:36 AM   #13052
boogieman335
Mate

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingFish86 View Post
Thank you for the warm welcome guys. Despite being a member of subsim since 2017 i haven't actually posted or replied before lol.

Having done some more digging, I discovered this in the documentation for the mod:

"- Most of the ingame texts are missing (Flotilla objectives, map options settings, message box entries ect)
Remove "read only" attributes from your main SH5 install folder and run the game with administration rights."

The problem is that setting the folder to read-only doesn't stick. I guess this is something to do with it being the uPlay download version in the uPlay games folder. When i change the attributes of all the files in the SH5 folder it takes a few minutes, succeeds but then instantly reverts back to read-only.

Does anyone know a workaround? The missing text doesn't exactly break the game, so long as i learn what all the missing dialogue options are and commit them to my memory but im sure you can appreciate this is an extra step that is rather annoying
Don't know if this will help but if you are running the latest version of Windows 10 version 1909 you might have to make an exception in your windows security setting s for SH5 in the ransomware portion. Its the setting that keeps files from making changes to your protected folders including the My Documents section where game saves are stored. I know when I first updated my system I had to make exceptions for several games to get them to save and work properly. I use the Steam version so I don't really know about the Uplay version though.
boogieman335 is offline   Reply With Quote