View Single Post
Old 01-16-11, 12:09 PM   #616
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
Thanks Silent steel, i'll try to explain.

Activating Mods for me is as follows: I download the mod to desktop ( i like everything i download from the net to go to desktop where i can see it and delete it if necessary without having to hunt the Hard drive for it!), then using 7z i extract the files....to desktop!.

This is where i start to get confused normally, do i just copy/paste or drag the whole extracted folder into my mods folder or open it and move just the data files??? either way, i normaly suss it out and drag the selected files into.... C / Ubisoft / Silenthunter 5 / MODS.

From here, i open JSGME (which is on my desktop) and activate the mod. With the exception of the "Grossdeutscher Rundfunk" mod which i just added and cant get working (i've started a separate thread for this), the Mega-mod and patches have all worked fine.

Now for the user options changes that caused a pain in the rear. Going into the said folder C / Ubisoft / Silenthunter 5 / MODS, then into Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1 / data / scripts / menu / TheDarkWraithUserOptions, and opening it as notepad (which changed all files to notepad) i made my adjustments, this had no effect, i went into the same file in Patch 1 and Patch 2 with no effect.

So as a last ditch i skimmed through Ubisoft / Silenthunter 5 / data , and found the file "Scripts", in this is another file "Menu" and in that are all the same notepad style files from Magnum_Opus, it looks exactly the same as MODS / Magnum_Opus.! so i went to the TheDarkWraithUserOptions opened and made my changes, which do have the desired effect!! this is now where i make changes to my preferance.

Hope this helps

Hi
Sorry but I'm a bit short of time today. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

// Cheers
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote