View Single Post
Old 01-27-17, 02:56 PM   #776
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Well i'd think that having to vote, then move, re-register in the new location and then vote again all during the month or two long (less depending on the state) early voting period for one thing, minimum residency and registration deadline requirements in some states for another. Remember they can't use fake addresses either. It has to be a real location within the town or city they would be moving to.

They might even have to prevent anyone else from registering at their old address to prevent any raised flags.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Nothing precludes an individual from multiple registrations from state to state. However, when voting(at least for me) I had to provide my current address before I could vote. But, this is not always a failsafe either. Anyone could provide my name and address. I was never asked for ID. That is a problem.
The problem here is not with individual fraudilent votes, but with the potential organised mass fraudilent votes. Ie some organisation bussing people around so to speak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
As someone else said, the only place the system is vulnerable to widespread fraud is in the counting/changing of the ballots after votes have been cast.
I came across the following that might explain the difficulty of perpetuating voter fraud on a national level.
That is where the system appears to be the most resistant to fraud, as you cannot subvert a single entity. With the multiple votes this does not improve the resistance of the system, but decreases it.