View Single Post
Old 01-14-08, 01:53 PM   #50
swdw
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Here is a new one on me. I did not change a thing with my system. I use a 7800 gs. I fired up the game and was getting 12-14 FPS while looking at the sub or on the bridge view. Looking anywere else and I got 18 FPS. Normally on the bridge and outside view I get 25 FPS or more. I reinstalled the current Nvidia drivers that did no good. I eventually reduced by in game screen resolution and all was well. I was then getting 30+ FPS. I never experienced this before. Anyone else have this happen?
Might want to try Driver Sweeper, uninstall, clean and then reinstall to see if that helps.
http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=driversweeper

Is it possible something you installed recently is running a background task you weren't running before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
Any idea what the wind speed is in that shot? I'd be curious to match up an nVidia shot in the same conditions. Too bad we can't have two separate graphics cards, one ATI and one nVidia running SH4 together and compare the screenshots of identical scenes.
between 12-15, sun at 40-50 degrees above the horizon

"you wouldn't catch me on a ship that deliberately sinks itself"- comment to me from a surface sailor.

System:
AMD 6300 3.5 GHz | 32GB DDR3 | SATA 300 320GB HD, SATA III 1TB HD, SATA III 1.TB HD | ASUS Sonar DS sound card
NVIDIA 1660 Super OC | Windows 10
swdw is offline   Reply With Quote