View Single Post
Old 01-04-07, 02:49 PM   #21
Theta Sigma
Seabed Comber

Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalExplorer
EAST, you are right that when ERT came out SHIII was 1-2 years off and that's why I bought ERT, and so did probably many, many others. I kind of enjoyed the demo and had read many good reviews. It was only later that I realized its arcadishness, and that most of the good reviews were written by the same 50 people.

After a few months and installing all updates I began to hate the game, but not because of the graphics. I think the graphics were really good, and the game was all in all very athmospheric. It was the gameplay that brought ERT down. I've never seen anything like it before - an arcade game disguised as a computer simulation, in a way that I so much wanted to like it but couldn't.

It is interesting to read that you believe to have revived the genre - thinking about it, that might be true. Very sad that you missed a great opportunity to create the new AOTD. The point of time was perfect, with AOTD almost 10 years old, the community literally starving, you just released the wrong product. And then, strangely, came the big UBI and showed you indy guys how to create a niche product and a classic.

Btw EAST, did you ever play SHIII with the newest mods? Wasn't it a big mistake to deny the users any kind of modding capabilities? Because on restrospect ERT with mods could have been a much different story!

Don't have anything against you as a person, it's just your game really upset me, and it should be allowed to say that.

Better luck for your next projects though.

GE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma
Thats a bizarre post. You seem to take it all very personally.....
Ditto. I don't remember EAST ever touting ERT as a "sim". It has some of those qualities, but from what I read, it was always meant to be a game first and foremost, and a great one it is, too. The patch situation was also resolved. You only need one if you bought the non-gold version. Additionally, a couple of cheats/mods were also available. I guess he missed that too.