View Single Post
Old 01-31-23, 02:23 PM   #3
MenOfWar
Swabbie

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The image was made for a 5:4 display, and the game's display engine seems to want to re-size it based upon your horizontal resolution, and not your vertical. You might have to temporarily re-size your game display to a 5:4 resolution in order to be able to reposition the map up and to the left a good bit and then exit the game. The game remembers the "positioning". Re-set your display to what you currently have, and then drag it to where you can use the radio and see the map as much as you can... otherwise, it involves a bit of image resizing as well as menu_1024_768.ini fiddling, which no one likes doing... There are however, several mods out there that eliminate the map from the radio screen, and just have the radio (as in stock), or have a different graphic with it... however, I am not able to find one just now. Perhaps someone else can...
Thank you for the response. Unfortunately it didn't work because changing the resolution requires me to restart the game (unsure if that's normal), and when I do that it resets the positions of things and still spawns outside of the screen.

Will take a look and see if I can find the map mod. Alternative right now is having the map open in a different screen.

Also tried playing a bit around the .ini file but wasn't successful. You really gotta know what you are messing with in there to make it work
MenOfWar is offline   Reply With Quote