hunter301
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > MDRipley
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Glad you are enjoying my compilation.
Highly recommended SH4 mega mods FOTRSU and Dark Waters

Hey Berbster;
As you can see I've been part of the subsim community on and off since 2003.
First found them when I was getting into the first Silent Hunter, Destroyer Command and Jane's 688i.
Can't wait for the new Destroyer Command game to come out.
Anyway I thought the FOTRS Ultimate MOD included everything.
How would you load both the FOTRS and Dark Waters MOD together?

I am currently running a clean install of SH4 V1.5 with U-Boat Missions.
It is a Steam download. I was have a mother of a time getting the game to run on Windows 10. Game kept starting intros and then would go to black screen and I would have to CTL-ALT-DELETE and reboot the computer to get it back on. This went on for over a week. Finally I found an article regarding issues with Direct X and a couple of .dll files. All I had to do was copy (2) .dll files from the documents file over to the game file and it worked fine. I posted the fix in the forums on both Subsim and on Steam hoping it helps more people so they can keep the community going.

I have actually (3) separate versions of the game. The original box DVD game from when it first came out.
Then I downloaded the U-boat add on missions from Amazon back in 2014.
I then downloaded the Gold Edition which is the V1.5 with U-boat missions in the same download back in 2019 when I was working a job out of town.
I have been getting some "banner" error messages when downloading the Gold Edition from Amazon. That's why I decided to download the Steam version and try it out. They were offering a $2.49 for the original and $2.49 for the U-boat upgrade for the memorial day weekend. For $5.00 to give it a try I said what the hell.
Anyway as I've been posting in the other threads I don't want to mess with the Steam setup just yet in the event that I start having problems getting the FOTRS and any other MODs running properly. Would like to have something to go to in the meantime.

Some of the post in the threads about getting starting modding just start throwing directions and suggestions at you without actually instructing you on how to start setting up.
Do you download a clean version to a separate file first?
Do you download the MultiSH4 first if so where does it go, etc..
What exactly is the LAA file and what does it do?

"You know what the chain of command is?
It's the chain I get and beat you with till you understand who's in command."
-ME
hunter301 is offline   Reply With Quote