View Single Post
Old 01-05-19, 11:02 AM   #20
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
You especially have to be careful with add-in radio & grammafone mods. There is a little "mod" app to check them... now, where did I have that?...

If you want to try this - copy your Save folder before you do though - but do like you did with Step 1, Step 2, & Step 3, but Save sometime after Step 3, and that Save is borked* for the duration. Your clock will be off until you end patrol. Talk about messing with your head. "Let's see, it's 2230, nothing on sonar. I should be safe to surface. 'Surface the boat' - 'Incoming aircraft!' - 'We're under attack, sir!' Boom! Boom! 'We're taking damage, Sir!' - 'Medic!'"...

* For you youngsters, look up Robert Bork...

For the "mod" app, do you mean Radio Manager?

Anyway, I have just performed several tests. I could not get the error to occur in WOTP or TMO/RSRD/OTC/IP. I tried to keep everything the same as possible, compatibility settings, running as admin, etc. In each iteration, I started a new career , 1944, Pearl Harbor command, Balao, etc. etc.
I started a new career in FOTRSUv80 RC2 and made three saves, daylight, SS and midnight. The error happened.
I'm still trying to isolate the issue. So stand by for more information.

The thing is, I could get it to replicate in FOTRSUv80 RC2, but using the same procedures, I could not get it to replicate in WOTP, or TMO/RSRD/OTC/IP, at least, not yet.

This is a weird one. I'll try what you suggest and report back again.

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote