View Single Post
Old 08-08-18, 07:43 AM   #6470
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
v0.72 has been stitched together several times, and each time, something has been found in testing. We are currently working on the fix of the fix, and I am knocking on wood, hoping all functions as intended... Therefore, you have not missed anything yet, other than some wishful thinking. Still at v0.71...
And we'll switch when the Capn, s7trikeback and propbeanie say we're ready. We want each version to have improvements and not introduce more problems. FOTRSU is good now. We want it better.

One of the things they've been working on, and I agree with, is the handing out of renown more for sinking ships, less for completing missions. That has led to captains who totally ignore their orders and go to their favorite choke point to rack up 100,000 tons for the cruise and a nice new boat.

Naturally in the real war, you'd be canned for disobeying orders. There's a fair amount of experimenting going on to establish a new balance that "encourages" you to obey orders. There is a reason why we didn't have such high scores in the real war.

You might be sent to what turned out to be an unproductive area because it was essential that the brass know what's going on there. If you merely said "To hell with that, I'm sinking tonnage! to the South China Sea!" There would be consequences you wouldn't enjoy. Most probably our solution will look like more renown for completing missions, less for sinking tonnage. Stay tuned.

And, of course, the law of unintended consequences whacks you on the noggin when you make changes to this game. Lots of controls were bypassed or jerry rigged to get the game out on time, leaving us with unpredictable effects sometimes when we adjust.

Propbeanie, S7rikeback and CapnScurvy could tell you lots of stories about that. I hope they will.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote