biosthetique
Lieutenant

Downloads: 652
Uploads: 0
Default Pictures of a demonized game!

Some pics!

Paid in gold!

Paid in Gold!

The Torpedo clearly explodes under the ship!

It is a nice and pretty introduction for the new generations to the world of Subsims!...I see the questions new gamers ask in game in the public chat window, and I can see they get the right technical answers.

I remember asking questions about sonar in relation to wrecks and sea bed and all I got were short erroneous answers as you can't hide by a wreck, the DD will see you, or the sonar is not disturbed by the closeness of the sea bed, or U-boot never ran deck awashed!...Until someone showed a picture!

After all we are not narcissist, are we?...

SHO is not for or about us, but for and about the generations that were born after us, and where do they start sub simulator gaming.
Will they start with DW or SH III(if they can make it work), SHIV, SHV, SHVI, or SHO?....
We started at level entry with simple game with poor graphics, and they start with SHO. And some guys just don't like that. Some people believe that because it was hard for them it is suppose to be hard for the next one in line. Someone's perception of the world is not the world, but just a tiny perception of it!....The map is not the territory!

Because of us, they can get better and more accurate answers, and they don't have to go through what we went through. It is called progress, civilization!....In the absence of acceptance, and of that transmission of experience, they will become like a lot of us, just plain old narcissists begging for attention in relation to the ordeals we endured at the hands of the generation before us which were just full of their own accomplishments, and believed that to appreciate something you had to earn it the hard way, like it was for them!

SHO is not SHIII GWX. I played both today and I felt the difference, but you wont get people interested in SHIII and the likes, without a first step. SHO is a nice first step.

So, a game like SHO makes a lot of sense to me as a welcome door to a world, and the flak it is getting makes also sense to me, but I know it does not have to be!...Ignorance does not have to lead the way!...Understanding, acceptance and support should!

Last edited by biosthetique; 09-24-13 at 12:06 AM.
biosthetique is offline   Reply With Quote