View Single Post
Old 12-28-18, 01:20 PM   #3
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by rHagen12 View Post
I’ve had to take a couple years off from SH4. I’m back picking up where I left off. One thing I noticed this time around, which I don’t remember being an issue before, is that the Large Modern Tanker is not being detected with sonar any more. I started out in the S boat and I am now in a Gato. But the Large Modern Tanker can be 500 yards steaming at flank speed and there is no sound on sonar, no detection on the displays either. The crew can’t detect it either. Is there something I can change in a config file to fix this? All of the other ships have no problem being picked up on sonar.

RFB_2.0
RFB_2.0_Patch_23April2010
RSRDC_RFB_V575
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
3000 Yard Bearing Tool (1920x)
RAHGoldWatchMod
Hydrophone Line Extended
Unfortunately, this is a Stock game issue with many of the Stock game ship units that most mods do not address...…..even the well known mods like TMO, RFB, GFO, or RSRDC.

The ship unit is in easy sight of the players sub, the Sonar man will even find the target unit and report it to you by way of the Text Message box, yet when you go to the Sonar/Hydrophone station you'll not hear the ship at all when directing your Hydrophone towards the target. You can get an active sonar "ping" off of the target, but the passive sonar Hydrophone sounds of the engines are not heard!

Now mind you, this won't happen all of the time, nor is it confined to just one ship unit. It's completely dependent on what speed the ship unit is travelling in the mission between particular waypoints that produces this "deafness" of the passive sonar capabilities.

It took me a while to figure out why, and do a complete "think out of the box" reconfiguration of each ship units characteristics but the latest v8.0 Fotrs Ultimate (soon to be released) will fix this problem!

I have no plans to make a compatible fix for the other "mega mods", but Fotrs Ultimate v8.0 will correct this issue. It's not called "Ultimate" for nothing!!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote