View Single Post
Old 12-23-23, 11:16 AM   #27
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS View Post
Thanks for the tips but unfortunately, no luck. I saved, exited, reloaded. Clicking the crate still did nothing. I left to 12nm out and returned, still no go. Constant air attacks did not help either. Not sure if the presence of enemy prevent delivery (as it probably would in RL).

Mission was the 1943 Penang to Davao delivery.

No worries. I'll start a new campaign (and never postpone delivery again! )
i have had to retreat from a drop-off previously and, although i cannot remember which modset i was playing, i do not think that it matters because this action is most likely unmoddable.

IIRC, when i returned to the drop-off area, the small drop-off icon appeared in the icon-alert-space and the game did NOT pop a window notifying me that i could make the drop or postpone it until i clicked on the drop-icon. then it generated the pop-up decision box.

not sure what the issue is with your instance. two suggestions. Firstly, i would delete everything in the SH4\Data\Cfg\ folder except for the two folders that have "save" in their name. you will need to re-select your game options in the Career screen, not the main screen before you re-load your saved career.

secondly, if the first fix does not cure the problem, i would run through the Mod Soup fix. and then reload the saved career.

if these two do not fix it, then there is something uniquely hosed-up (technical term) with your installation. no offense intended.

good luck.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote