View Single Post
Old 08-03-07, 11:31 PM   #31
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by moselgott
the hear.py window opens only for less than a second and immediately closes again. Nothing happens further on

EDIT: Ok, I made that window run entering "hear.py" instead of "sh4speech.bat". So that window appears with the sentence "listening for phrases from voice_commands.csv", and commands like "map" or "dive" appear there if I speek into the microphone. So I started SH4 parallel to that window and gave several commands, but nothing happened. I went back to desktop and the window showed up with all the commands I gave while Sh ran. What do I do wrong!?!?!?
Any ideas?
Usually just running this stuff from a command prompt instead of double-clicking the BAT will help a lot. Or just edit sh4speech.bat and add a pause to the end of the file.

sh4speech.bat just runs go.pl, which tries to invoke the popup of hear.py. Sounds like the invocation of that failed, but you got hear.py to run on your own, which is just as good. If it said "Listening for voice commands..." then hear.py is working fine, and the question is, is go.pl running? Sounds like no, and probably since it failed, it brought down hear.py with it. It shouldn't but I suppose if it crashed quickly enough it could.

Question is, why isn't go.pl running? Open a command prompt, go do the command "cd \sh4speech" and then type "perl go.pl" (without all the quotes of course.) You'll probably see an error, paste that here and we can make some progress.

It's hard for me to get on the internet here, but when I return I'll write a nice test script that probes all of the various things, like a troubleshooter, which should help make all this easier.