View Single Post
Old 01-20-21, 06:13 PM   #13181
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
What has the Green Line got to do with the pipeline? The pipeline could have the same fate as the Green Line, something built for which, ultimately, there will be little to no need; with the growing shift to non-petroleum-based-fuels and, particularly electric propulsion, the market and demand for petroleum could be very soon sharply diminished;
Not likely. Although there is going to be an eventual shift to electric cars would you like to predict when that will be? I would say that the point where the US does not have to import oil is a long way off. You and I won't see it.

As for that pipeline it brings the majority of the USA's imported crude oil. 48%. The next highest amounts are from Mexico 7%, Saudi Arabia 6% and Russia 6%. Who do you think gets cut out of the loop first? Even if the demand is somewhat diminished that source, Alberta will still be the main supplier of the USA's imported oil.

Quote:
but I do think the market for fuel will be sharply diminished in the not too distant future; aside form the question of jobs (which, given u crank's Canuck status is a bit more of a Canadian issue than a US issue),
Like I have said, if you guys don't buy it someone else will. We don't really care. There is already a pipeline from Alberta to Burnaby, British Columbia on the Pacific coast. That pipeline is being expanded to double it's capacity. I hear the Chinese and the Indians are growing economies with a thirst for oil.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke