View Single Post
Old 07-17-10, 06:42 PM   #21
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

I figured that this is probably a good thread to post this on since it deals with teamwork/cooperation. I have been thinking about it, and I realized that there are 3 mods which all increase the realism of being under water. The three I am thinking of are: North Atlantic Green, Ailantd's impurity mod, and Ailantd's micro bubble mod. I don't really see why we should not go ahead and combine these three, it would help newer players since they would not have to hunt them down, and it would thin out everyone's mod soup. I could even decompress all the texture files associated with them, so that the smaller bubbles would not cause much of an fps hit.

The only reason I have not gone ahead and done this, is I have not seen Ailantd around in a while, and he does not mention usage rights in his documentation. As a result, I just don't feel comfortable redistributing his work. If anyone knows Ailantd's stance on use of his material, please let me know. Also, does anyone else like the idea of making a unified underwater mod?

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote