View Single Post
Old 08-31-10, 09:49 AM   #1
Checkmate King 2
Helmsman

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0
Default European Air War on XP / Need Help Please

I came across my old European Air War game and decided to try to reload it for the 1st time in several years, since going from Win98 to Win XP and I am having problems loading the game.

I have spent several hours searching around for work-around suggestions, including searching this forum.

I have only found two however, both are not working for me. I read one suggestion that said to copy the game to the hard drive and not load it. I had also read that the Microprose version should load on XP with no problem and the Infogrames version didn't like XP. I have even attempted to rename the exe file.

Every time I attempt to load the 1.2 patch to the Microprose version my hard drive keeps running and running and I keep getting a "not responding" message.

I have both the Microprose/Infogrames versions. Neither one will work and I keep getting the Win32 error when trying to launch the game after a install.

Does anyone happen to have any suggestions as to what I can do to get this game up and running?

Thanks
Checkmate King 2 is offline   Reply With Quote