View Single Post
Old 06-28-20, 12:53 PM   #44
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260
Uploads: 0

I got one from a lady in Verona, Italy.
She was trying to sell me of all things Olive oil, she spoke in English with an accent.
I was in the mood for a wind up so I kept her on, she said she was in Verona, I interrupted quick and said, "Oh I like your name, Verona, if I had a baby girl I think I would call her that."
She said, "No, my name isn't Verona, I'm in Verona in Italy." Again I interrupted, "I've been to Italy, it was a long time ago, I was in Milan and I took the train to Venice, have you been to Venice?"
She said, "No, did you like it?" I told her I went in that big church with the paintings on the ceiling, then went on a gondola, and visited a glass factory."

She then started to talk about Olive oil, I said, I was on a pension and Olive oil is a bit expensive for me so I buy the cheap sunflower or vegetable oil.
she tried again to sell me this oil, I then said, "Well I haven't got a passport now so I couldn't come to Italy to get it, I'm afraid of flying, keep reading about different crashes and seeing things in movies it has put me off."

She said, "Oh no you don't have to come to Italy, we can send it to you."
I said, "That is so kind of you but won't it cost you a lot of money just to send me a bottle of oil where as if I wanted some I could buy it here."

She laughed and said, "It was not a problem." I asked why she picked me of all the people in England to send a bottle of oil to?

She said, "You was picked out at random so you are lucky." I then asked if I could use Olive oil in my moped engine, she laughed and said, "No it's best just to use it for cooking, not for engines."
I kept calling her Verona as well and it was making her laugh, in the end I said it was very nice talking to her but I must go because I don't want to take up any more of her time.
She tried to keep me on the phone, by then she had given up on the oil and was just chatting, she eventually went and said it was nice talking to me and hoped I had a good day.

I haven't a clue why a company in Italy is trying to sell olive oil to people in England, but the lady was nice really and she did have a laugh and was polite, but it was fun talking to her as well.
I wonder how much that phone call cost for Italy?

Col.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote