View Single Post
Old 09-16-19, 03:02 AM   #76
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
On a side note, the model shown below is my rendition of a Y-gun that, for my own fun, yesterday I have drafted on the base of pictures pictures, drawings and sizes found in the OP that I had linked earlier here.

If you think it can be used, I will finish it and I will gladly share it with you together with various DC barrel meshes that I had modelled in the past.
Nice! I'd be happy to use it, already looks much better than current mesh

Quote:
You are probably trying to attach obj_Funnel controller to an empty node. That controller must be attached to a node/bone with a 3D model, otherwise it will crash the game
I should have guessed, seeing that all funnels in game are separate models Thanks!

Quote:
Height of the bow spray node relative to the water line might play a role. Have a look into PT boat's bow spray, and try using similar settings on your unit
I tried setting node height from way above deck to below keel with no visible effect to the bow spray. PT boat has the same issue. So has every ship below 200 tons I checked. I suspect it might have something to do with small boats moving a lot more on waves, because all larger ships (even imported ones) have bow spray animation constantly playing.

Apart from this, I noticed another, um, spiritual issue with my ship model (it seems to also be on some other imported ships). As the ship is sinking, its soul is rising up to heaven. Seriously:

Last edited by kapuhy; 09-17-19 at 05:49 AM.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote