View Single Post
Old 10-06-19, 07:27 AM   #12554
Nobon
Helmsman

Location: 1939-09-13. U-50 ran into a 10+ ship british convoy- I'm planning the approach
Downloads: 74
Uploads: 2
wolf_howl15 Giving a try to 2.2

Greetings, Kaleuns!

I were a bugtracker / amateur modder back in 2015,
used to play/test TWOS 1.05.
had to skip a few years.

I backed up my 1.05 install, and made a clean install + installed the latest TWOS.

Edit:

For now, apart from having external view and event view enabled, I deselected dud torpedoes for testing purposes.
I also switched to SH3 style hud from the OptionsViewer app.

I have a few questions:

-I've seen that radio beacon positions were added to help real navigation.
Yet when I ask my radioman either from the menu, or personally XD to report nearest radio stations INSIDE OUR HARBOR, he reports that no radio stations available. So the beacons somehow does not work. What can be a problem? Or am I missing something here?

-I noticed the two MG34 mounted on the sides of the conning tower of my VIIB. (they are present on the "more spacey" lvl 2 VIIB tower at least...)
They look very detailed and cool. Now... How can I get RID of them...? I know, they are hsitorically correct to be there, but I presume they are not going to be manned, and they are ruining the look of the tower XDDD

also a very stupid question, as I completely forget:
how do I (prematurely) end a patrol to get back to the bunker scene?

As I really do not want to patrol out of Memel... Want to be transferred to Kiel to start. Want to stay with the coastal waters campaign, but I prefer to skip Memel... Any suggestions?

one addition: I was able to connect to KDS server, after a few maxmessage reached errors, by modifying the 2 buffer size lines from 20000* to 60000* (changing the first number) in the cfg. now it can connect without any problem. Is it known..? As I read, someone stated you cannot conenct anymore...

87% realism (100%-Cams to watch burning targets, and torpedoes run for fun..)
SH5 The Wolves of Steel Megamod- Realnav+Full manual targeting. -no contact updates, no map help.
U-50 forever - still a Smiling bastard

Last edited by Nobon; 10-06-19 at 10:55 AM.
Nobon is offline   Reply With Quote