View Single Post
Old 04-09-15, 11:43 PM   #11
nsomnia
Weps

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

Today not alot got done but we did solve a potential future bug.

Our ships were very very slowly rolling pitching and yawing on their own (like one thousanth of a degree a second) but that would mean once I implement my time compression system that adds up fast.

We tracked it down to the mesh/rig for our boats. So for now we are using a static mesh (no rig, primitive shape like a cylinder, sphyl, cube rectangle etc) for all the physics that is the rough shape of the boat and the actual boats mesh with moving parts and everything is what you'll actually see, just no physics will be applied to it except ray traces. (which isnt physical physics).

Its a WIP system but the outcome is looking positive now our boats can sit there (I let it sit for 15 minutes just to test) without moving 0.0000001 (the max range you can test with a float, to test with doubles I'd have to create some custom C++ classes to allow use of doubles inside the UE4 engine they havnt implemented doubles yet.

Tomorrow I get angles and dangles working (based on speed and negtank blown/vented for now) and after that I'll be adding/re-writing features as time allows.

I'm happy to announce FuriousChad is going to try some modelling which may or may not make it into the free tech demo and/or game depending on how he goes about it. (I respect intellectual property, I wouldnt want anyone stealing my models, textures or code from me and would give the same respect back)

No features promised like the manual trim and manual ballast tank control have been scrapped yet. Infact they are still fully functional in my test projects, just not merged with the master yet.