View Single Post
Old 07-24-10, 02:06 PM   #14
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by aergistal View Post
Yeah I know, but it was an opportunity to get thousands of ships in a matter of minutes/hours, with pics. I also know you put of lot of effort into this and I wanted to help.
I apologize for overreacting. I do that sometimes.

Quote:
I took a look at what files I have with me and the only way I see to name ships by nationality is to build a database out of the ship's roster files.
That's probably best anyway. Some ship types are nation-specific, but for the most part the builders sold them to anyone with the money, which means one country might have a dozen of one type and another might have one, or none. Using the Rosters would mean that I could ensure that no ships are included for a country that didn't have any of that type.

Quote:
This means the tool will be used after the patrol is done, when you're in the commander's room.
That's the way SH3 Commander does it, and it's arguably more realistic since the captain doing the sinking might get information from survivors, and he might not. They usually didn't know for sure until after the fact, and sometimes not until after the war.

Quote:
Disadvantages: we lose the sinking position coordinates since these are messed up in the career log. The timestamps are also wrong which means I cannot correct the entries based on the patrol log.
Cant' help there, as I have no clue.