View Single Post
Old 01-06-22, 05:09 AM   #17
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I've never given other drivers one finger salute. Always used one hand(five fingers) and given sign if I done something wrong.

When it comes to making thing wrong in the Traffic I learned once that in countries like France, Spain, Portugal and maybe Germany
A driver use 3 fingers on his right/left hand and spred them while they turn them horizontal-This should represent the letter E=Excuse

Markus

Here, we normally use the hand, all 5 fingers to say thank you or excuse, with the occasional head bow or saying the words (that many times are not audible by the other driver or pedestrian.

Of course when the feelings are high, we do tend to gesticulate and swear more.

Never heard about the 3 finger rule.

The driver license, I think that it is similar, since it's now EU general rules or something like that. I remember that B - ordinary car, i can drive 4 wheel motorcycles and tractors (agriculture ones; I can not remember the correct term for them in english) to 4000 kg. Other permissions I have to read the code again.

The roundabouts, one must giver priority to the cars inside and when I learn, specific for small roundabouts with only 2 lanes like many in my town, we should do by the right lane, leaving the left/ interior one for the driver that wanted to exit the same way it came, using the roundabout for a "u-turn".

The rule was not tight so, also a person could use the left lane and use the second or third exit, being always in the left lane, if the exit had 2 lanes.
Early last decade the rule changed so in any roundabout, large or small, the right lane is only to be use for exit in the first. All the rest, the driver have to use the left(s) lanes and then begin to go to the right ones until the exit that serves him best.

In my opinion, here, several people do the roundabouts like them want and sometimes the rules are just out of the window...
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote