Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 04-07-20, 06:10 PM   #318
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246
Uploads: 0

Downloaded and using this mod for a little while and have a couple of questions.

1st question: when selecting a Type II boat (September 1939), it shows as having the GHG, but when submerged, I can't detect anything, it seems if it is too rough. I hear ownship at 180 degrees, but am not hearing anything else either at the hydrophone station, or with hydro-lines on the nav map. Conditions at the time were rough seas, wind speed 15 m/s and visual targets about 6500 meters away at around 290 degrees relative. Is this expected behavior?

2nd question - how much traffic should I expect to find? Other than in homeport and transiting in friendly waters, there doesn't seem to be much at all. In my first patrol, I saw a single merchant while in the dover strait (couldn't stalk it since it was too shallow to pursue while submerged). 2nd patrol, two small steam trawlers (the above-mentioned targets not detectable via GHG) in AM55, and 2 aircraft. Saw nothing in the Skaggerak on the return to Kiel. Max TC while patrolling was 128.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote