View Single Post
Old 04-20-14, 12:45 PM   #39
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Don't they have little blue screens on the dash now that tell you what gear your in ... ?

my it's been a long time for me since I drove for the DOT back in 95 delivering for USPS between post offices. I know it was a milk run, but it paid the bills lol

Lets do give Neal some advice that he can use ...

I have one: make your own coffee and use bottled water. You can get a new cup every time you stop and poor it out replacing it with your own home brew or cab brew I should say. The fancy creams make me want to poo, but you do whatever you think is right. You drive alone, right? lol

Why? Because some truck stops coffee makes me go to the bathroom after consuming it and there ain't no bathrooms on highway five going 65 and if there was it was cost the gas to stop and go.

Speaking of bathrooms use one for number two only ... Amazon has SS ones you can use in the cab or pay the $150 fine like my friend had to pay for relieving himself alongside the highway. The puddle gave him away lol

Watch out for train tracks ... trucks do get stuck sometimes on them, especially pulling something as precious as you are and having a little up hill battle to get started.

Speaking of up hill battles don't take speed bumps lightly.

Plan your exit from gas stations before you park it. You do deliver to gas stations, right?

Good luck have those numbers handy for tow trucks and insurance calls I hope you never have to make
Good stuff, thanks.

How do I make my own coffee in the truck? I looked up 12v coffee makers but they don't sound like they work very well.

As fas a bathrooms go, I have a bladder the size of a football, I can go all day if needed

No, I'm mostly delivering chemicals to plants, no gas stations.