View Single Post
Old 05-13-21, 04:32 PM   #10
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

I have the same impression of Traudl Junge; when I first heard of her, I sought out a number of sources, both print and visual, and, throughout, she remained consistent in her desire to convey how she felt a sincere sense of guilt about the excesses and atrocities of Nazi Germany and her part in that history; she never seemed to want to dodge any responsibility, and she even seemed to want to be held responsible for whatever part she may have played; as stated before, I have known several non-Jewish persons who either were in Nazi Germany before and during The War or who had family who were living in Nazi Germany; for the most part, they really weren't aware or the scope and depth of the Nazi horrors (the Big Lie machine can be very powerful, as we have seen) and seem to have been genuinely shocked when they were confronted with the truth; there were a couple, who were genuinely scary, who expressed neither regret, remorse, nor culpability for whatever role they may have played and it seemed that their biggest regret was thet Germany had lost; one even told me that the defeat of Nazi Germany was unfair because "the whole world was against us, so how could we win?"; that person became incensed and never spoke to me again after I responded by saying "Well, if Hitler hadn't tried attacking the whole world, they wouldn't have felt the need to squash his Reich."...

The real lesson to be learned from Traudl Jugne, that really can still be used today when dealing with those who try to tell us only their way is the "true way", is contained in her own words:

Quote:

I could perhaps have tried to find out about things.

<O>