Thread: SFK 1942
View Single Post
Old 05-14-10, 01:22 AM   #3
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Welcome to SF!

Welcome to Steel Fury HT--57 , I have been playing it for almost 2 years now and enjoying it very much.Read all the threads you'll there are several threads devoted to Steel Fury.Also be aware that there are lots of mods that come with the game and have been made mostly b y Russian modders sincne 2007.I encourage you to go to the tanksim.org.ru.It's a Russian website specifically devoted to tank sims and SF occupies a prominent place. It's in Russian but it's got an automatic translator prompt into English( check the right side of the webpage you'll see it.

There you will find all the incredible mods that have been made sicne 2007 and add tons of new vehicles( T60, T34/85, T26, Bt 5 and 10, Js2, KV2 and 76.2 and 122mm guns on the Soviet side with the Tiger I and II,the Hetzer,The Stug III D and F, Panzer III L60 , the Flakpanzer vierling and more to come ( in about 2 to 3 weeks) including the Panther, ISU152, SU 85 and 100, Marder, Elefant etc.Along with each mod comes new campaign, single missions and user-made missions. There are also sound mods, skin mods, optic mods, there's winter mod and a desert(Afrika) mod etc.The mods are easy to install and use the JSGME mod enabler.On that at web site you 'll find both Russian and English versions of the same modsOnce you have all the mods then you can enjoy the game to it's full flavour and potential.

BTW the mission editor is not difficult to tackle. I was prompted by a fellow colleague who plays the game and TvsT and started dabbing making missions. He thought me the basic steps and sent me a tutorial and bingo I have been making simple but large-scale user-made missions in the last 2 1/2 months. That's another plus for SF.

One fun feature of the game you did not mention is the ability to continue observing the battlefiield even though you have been destroyed or are out of play.You can press the arrows and follow the action up and down the battlefield and see how your friends and enemies are doing and what's happening to individual tanks, vehicles or even gun crews.That's something really neat because you can spend easily 15 minutes or more watching how the AI perfoms and what the outcome of the battle is going to be.

Yesterday I was playing one of my user-made missions and my Tiger was destroyed point blank by a T34/85 which flanked me while I was dealing with another 2 tanks.I finished the mission with a score of 14 tanks and 56 infantry destroyed and I was glad to see my 3 remaining Tigers dealing with the remainder of the enemy.I observed the action for a good 15 minutes until the last Soviet tank had been dealt with and the mission ended successfully but without me....

Cheers

Frinik
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote