Old 05-13-10, 08:38 PM   #1
ht-57
Sailor man

Downloads: 154
Uploads: 0
Default SFK 1942

Hello all.
Can't believe I just found this title.
Best 15usd I've spent on a game or sim...
For me it has a lot of the ingredients that I enjoy in a sim. sfk42 also has a lot of the same kind of things that makes sbpro pe awesome. I have the latest iteration of sbpro pe and love it!
I have Always wanted a sbpro wwII version. So any of you sbpro tread hedz will like this one if you want to go into battle in a ole panzer or t-34.
sfk42 doesn't do command n control with combined arms , ease of editor or multiplayer like sb. What it does do well is give you the fp in the driver/gunner /commander/ loader/radio seat, being hurled into the chaotic mess of war thing tho.(you can command your platoon to do a couple of things as a group). It has the unbuttoned / bin view as well. There are some cool animations like working suspension, hatch animations, damage to hull,completely deformable landscape, tread marks, real good soundz. there are crew avatars as well.. I know eye candy doesn't make a sim.. buttt itz kinda cool to call for a he round and see the loader put the round in the chamber tho. You can also see when a crew member has been kIA'd as well. At the end of a mission you can go to every vehicle/gun and see what hitt where with the direction arrow (very sbpro like). There are a few mods available that add missions and vehicles like the tiger one and the tiger II but they don't have the interiors yet, just the optic view or unbuttoned / thru the vision slit view. In one battle my gps was hit by small armz fire if i recall, But after that I was trying to sight thru shattered glass...another nerve racking experience was stalling my ride after a miss shift on a small bridge while under fire, then trying to start her hearing the engine crank and fail to start a couple times..
Last but not least, it runs smooth on my dated rig. nuff of my ramblings, Just very rare that I find a sim worth commenting about.
why is it that sfk42 doesn't have its own resource sticky?