View Single Post
Old 01-13-07, 09:31 AM   #72
nvdrifter
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix3000
@nvdrifter - great work on the mod mate - certainly adds more atmosphere when being hunted.

Have to admt I do agree with some of the other comments about it shaking too much. Last night I got several direct hits from DC's in a type VIIC - smashing the tower, flak and deck guns, knocking out the bow tubes and destroying one of the props - during the attacks the screen almost flipped at one point - it was shaking around that much....

So perhaps it could be toned down a tad - its great as it is for missed DC's and fairly close by explosions, but on target its definitely one to reach for the sick bag for!

Just one last thing - you mention in the new version you may "slow swaying motion of the boat when being depth charged, but it would also make the boat sway less on the surface in the waves."

Does that mean the natural rolling and pitching motion that has been included in the GWX mod when travelling on the surface? - Personally I like to see the boat pitching and rolling, particularly in heavy seas, thats the way it was.

Anyway, keep up the great work!

Px3000
Hi PX3000.

Yes, I understand that many players feel that the shaking is just too much. I have tested a less shaking version and it works very well.

As far as the slow, side to side rolling motion on the surface... unfortunately that same rolling motion also happens under the water when being depth charged- which is way too much in my opinion. There is no way to separate the two. The less shaking motion version I have successfully tested works really well with the less rolling motion (surface and submerged). It's hard to explain here the settings I changed, but it was very necessary to tone down the rolling motion to get the right underwater depth charge effect. Modding SH3 is always about compromises, because we don't have access to the game code. I hope everyone understands this.