View Single Post
Old 11-25-18, 04:17 PM   #4
BarracudaUAK
Captain

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post

I took all the heatsinks off, cleaned the chips, reapplied new heat transfer compound and put back together, has been running good now for the last year so you might try that on your GPU heatsink.

I'm afraid that if I go that route, I might be inclined to switch to a water cooling setup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
You're not alone.
Well that stinks.

Quote:

Then I too started having screen freezing. First it froze up in the middle of watching a YouTube video. The screen froze but the mouse still worked...for a minute or two. After a manual reboot everything was fine. Next it happened while watching a video I had downloaded. A few days later it happened in the middle of a game.

Mine was similar.

Quote:

I did a lot of research, and everybody insisted that if the problem was in the card it would have had very different results. Despite that the problem continued, and as before only when the GPU was doing its thing. I switched back to the RX560 and everything seems to be working fine again, except for the occasional in-game stutter, which is what prompted me to look into an upgrade in the first place.

Dito again...

Quote:

I'll leave it alone for awhile, but I know I won't be able to resist the temptation to fiddle with it some more. It's only a matter of time.

Meanwhile of course I don't have any real answers I can give,

Yep, I'm trying to remember where I saved the instructions to turn the fans to max.
I'm tempted to try it again now...

Just knowing that another RX 580 from a different manufacturer did the same thing in Windows, is a massive help.
Thanks.

Quote:

because I'm just faking it as I go along.

This is the mark of a true master!

Barracuda

Last edited by BarracudaUAK; 11-25-18 at 04:39 PM.
BarracudaUAK is offline   Reply With Quote