View Single Post
Old 06-15-12, 12:03 PM   #1
AirHippo
Sailor man

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
Default Steam and SCX IIC - misbegotten woes

So, the other day I suddenly thought, "wow, I've not played SC in ages (since my disc died), and DW was pants."

So I toddled around the web and discovered that it can be had from Steam. "Yay!" said I, and promptly handed over my readies for my electronic copy, having been assured that it should work, probably, maybe.

Which, of course, it didn't. Normally I'd have some clue of what to do, but Steam installs the game in a manner totally different from that used by SC proper, and I have absolutely not a clue what to do with it. The SCX installer runs perfectly, of course; but as soon as I try to launch it (and the installer tries to fire up and install the new graphics, et al), I get this:

If I press either "Abort" or "Ignore", I get this:

Aaaaand if I close the application another one fires up, which begins the whole process again, like this:

A couple of years ago I'd have had a clue, perhaps, what to do about this. As it stands I'm totally bloody lost.

OS is Vista Pro x64. E2660 Core 2 Duo CPU, 4Gb of RAM, about half a Terabyte of HD space, NVidis GeForce 7800GT for video drivers. UAC may be an issue I guess. Any help much appreciated. Thanks people!
AirHippo is offline   Reply With Quote