View Single Post
Old 01-03-08, 09:12 AM   #65
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnito
I don't know if campaign_LND, RND and SCR admit [trigger/Event] parameters, but you can add Transmissions in the date tou want in the messages_EN.txt manually.
Thanks Magnito. I know about editing the radio message files. What I meant was to link such messages to certain triggers, in order to make campaign more interactive. It's no fun to know that on March 12th 1942, at 5:32 AM, BdU asks me to relocate at Salamis. The idea was to - let's say - receive such a message if I reach a certain spot in quadrant, or reach a certain tonnage sunk, or... you name it. I feel this would have brought more life into the campaign, because now my major complaint with the game is the lack of interactivity. And I am not alone in feeling like this. There's at least another subsim member, Wave Skipper, who thought about a creative use of triggers and radio messages as immersion boosters. Unfortunately, his idea would mean throwing away the main plus of SH3 - its dynamic campaign - as well as needing a huge amount of work. Check this thread about his idea:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...light=triggers

Ah, I was about to forget. Since I posted the initial message here, I learned 100% for sure that campaign mode does not recognise any trigger. Learned it from my own experiments and also got it confirmed by BigBoyWooly, the very knowledgeable guy who "wrote" the campaign for GWX.
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote