View Single Post
Old 08-07-14, 11:46 AM   #9
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Wait long enough and Skybird finds it!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/artyom-lukin/world-war-iii_b_5646641.html Precisely my thinking; and relevent to this thread as well...
Quote:
OBERON:The US has 19 carriers, 19 vs 3 is a number that even the most die-hard Communist Admiral is going to flinch at, and with Japan slowly remilitarising, I wouldn't worry too much about the US in the Pacific until the mid 2030s. Then the hegemony will be challenged, and by that time it will have been almost a century of unchallenged US dominance in the Pacific.
From the article:
Quote:
VLADIVOSTOK -- If the next world war is to happen, it will most likely be in Asia and feature a clash between the incumbent hegemon, the United States, and the principal challenger, China. The good news is China does not want war now and in the foreseeable future, primarily because Beijing knows too well that the odds are not on its side. But if we look ahead 20 years from now, in 2034, the circumstances will have shifted significantly.
NOT NOW
There are three reasons war is unlikely anytime soon.
First, despite the double-digit annual growth in its defense budgets, China's military still significantly lags behind the U.S.' It will take China 15 to 20 years to attain parity or near-parity with the U.S.-Japan allied forces in the East Asian littoral.
One things for certain: it's a' comin' They're not 'rattlin' the sabre' yet! but they're sure forging it!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote