Naval Tank
Commander

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Sniper Simo Häyhä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
You gotta be kidding me!

Simo Häyhä was a sniper during the Winter War, tallied well over 500 during the war, used only iron sights and sometimes even the Suomi SMG to snipe. Farthest kill just over 400m without a scope and still has the largest amount of confirmed sniper kills in the world.
thank's a lot Dowly for the enlightment!
You know, Sweden has a history of not letting it's citizens know to much other than what the politicians want!..(Social-Democracy)
Our history books hardly mention the Finnish struggle and not to mention our volonteers..thousands of Swedish men went to fight with your men!
Sadly to say, my country has always been trying to stay away from getting involved in anything requiring military asistance or force..they used diplomacy and acted like cowards I think. Ever since we lost Finland to Russia in 1809 , we have relied on Finland to protect us from the Red Devil!
It's a deep subject this and I guess maybe others will be annoyed about our discussions online here, so I cut it short.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the info about world's greatest sniper, Simo Häyhä!.. and I will read more on him..very interesting! What is US Carlos Hathcock's 98 confirmed kills against Simo's 542?

luoppo,

Sgt Hotcliff

ps, Finland is even today keeping Sweden's defenses..with a population much smaller, a budget much lower, you can muster 3 times our reserve forces!..while we are building billion dollar JAS-airplanes!

I am planning on applying for Finnish citizenship!

ds

'Just a cool Swedish"Strv122"
http://www.kamratoff.se/images/Strv%20122%20sand.jpg

"A warrior accepts defeat
He does not treat it as a matter of indifference, nor does he try to make a victory of it” (P.Coehlo)

Sgt Hotcliff is offline   Reply With Quote