View Single Post
Old 02-11-10, 08:30 AM   #752
BillCar
Engineer

Downloads: 73
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbou View Post
Started a carreer with manual targetting.
Three patrols, no torpedo ever touched any ship.
Read again and again the GWX 3.0 part about manual targetting.
Going back to auto targetting.
That's how it was for me at first, but a couple weeks after I started playing, I got really good at it. Now I never use manual targeting, and I think my record for distance is a single-torpedo kill on a passenger cargo at a distance of 4000m.

It's definitely worth sticking with it until you can do it – it's way more rewarding!

I strongly recommend using the fixed-wire method to get the target's speed for your solution, by the way. I only do the 3m15s plotting thing when overhauling now, but it's rarely necessary – I usually just sail towards my hydrophone contact, spot it, and overhaul outside their visual range). Using the fixed-wire method gives you a very, very accurate speed reading on your target, and most importantly, it gives it to you immediately before you maneuver to fire.
SH3: 100% Realism, DID, GWX 3.0 + SH3 Commander 3.2 + HITMAN'S BETA GUI FOR GWX 3.0 (in a word: AMAZING) + FM Interiors + SH5 Water + Thomsen's Sound Pack 3.2 + BillCar's Sonar Ping http://tinyurl.com/billcarpingmod

SH4: 100% Realism, DID, RFB / TMO1.9+RSRDC / OM+OMEGU.
BillCar is offline   Reply With Quote