View Single Post
Old 03-22-17, 05:32 AM   #1306
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzin1973 View Post
I couldnt find a mod that restores the gods eye view but with black contacts, so i made my own.

Im pasting the readme.txt info below, as well as the download link. if anyone finds it usefull, feel free to download and use it.

A note for Stiebler:
I modified some of your original files in the mod "restore gods eye view" included in NYGM to make this small mod. If i i did something wrong, or for some reason you are not Ok with me using these files (and redistributing them on this mod), please let me know and ill take the mod down immediatelly.

Also, While editing the xxx_ship.tga files in the original "Restore gods eye view" to make make them black, i noticed that the file P01B_shp.tga under \data\Sea\P01B\ appears to be blank. Using gimp i cant see any image at all. Not a big deal at all, i just tought id let you know.

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ksff6a...s_For_NYGM.zip

Readme.txt
----- Restore Gods view Black contacts For NYGM v1.0 by Benzin -----

Restores the Gods view on the navigation map (provided you uncheck the no map contact update under realism settings), but shows all contacts in black color and optionally without "tail" so you wont know exactly where they are heading.
All contact information on the map is displayed in black color. From the square boxes all the way to the zoomed in ship silouettes, and the "tails" as well. Air contacts are also showed on map.

The idea of this mod is to avoid all the tedious plotting needed when not having the contacts show up on the map at all, but without giving away so much information such as if its a neutral or enemy unit, so you still have to ID its flag, check the date, and decide if you shoot at it or not.

-- Installation --

1.- This mod comes in two flavors, pick the one you want:

- Restore Gods view Black contacts: Restores contacts in black colors WITH their "tails" so you can know where they are heading.
Or
- Restore Gods view Black contacts NB: As above, but without any Bearing tails. Only a black square is shown.

2.- After you decided wich one you want, copy it to your mods folder and install with JSGME after your complete NYGM installation.

Enjoy!

- Benzin
Hi Benzin

Thanks I think this is good idea!!!
I'm sure download and probe your mod..
thanks again mate