Thread: Friendly Fire?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-22, 01:43 PM   #7
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy-rai View Post
Thanks! If I understood you correctly then I should copy the 2 dds files from my vanilla version of SH4 over to the new mod folder and then activate the mod with JSGME.

I did this and there were some blue sonar lines as well as the usual grey when my sub finally did detect several ships (all the ships were Japanese). And now all ships have tails, too.
But am not sure if it avoids automatic detection of friend/foe (through blue/red coloring).

I Need to get some more playing time in and meet more contacts to find out more. Note: I have only played the FOTSRU version of SH4, don't know what stock or TMO versions are like.
well, let's say that with this fix that YOU will know who is friend/foe, which is what i thought you were asking. when you encounter a contact that is green, avoid sinking it.

as far as you becoming a friendly fire casualty is concerned, i have never been fired upon by a friendly vessel in thousands of missions, that includes both flavors of TMO and FOTRSU as well as some other mega-mods.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote