View Single Post
Old 03-24-20, 10:50 PM   #35
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Thanks for those clarifications Kpt Lehmann Very useful.

Running currently few SH3 mega mods all together (thanks multiSH3!) I’m not fan anymore of MEP env (even though i was before...) as i don’t like some of its rendering (mainly waves shapes)

As to GWX concern, I’m running LSH3 ATM blue water mod (found in the LSH3 download) but with stock LSH3 scene.dat who deliver my favorite env rendering in GWX... hence running stock GWX sensors

So if i understood well, we would have to deactivate also the Night vision fix in Hsie Patch?
Well, to answer your question there is two parts.
One: If you are using Makman94's visual sensor fix for GWX, and Hsie's hardcode fixes, first reset the night vision controller / adjuster in Hsie's program. Then disable the Makman94's visual sensor fix for GWX, or whatever mod contains it. Then either delete the AI_Sensors.dat file in Makman's mod, or delete Makman's MEP v6 altogether.

Two, placing the adjuster in Hsie's hardcode fix files back to stock, and then removing Makman's 'fix' should return your installation back to whatever it was before applying the Makman's fix. The main idea, is to reset the game installation back to normal setting without harming that installation.

The million dollar question that I really need to have an authoritative answer for is, "Exactly which value or values in the sensors files, does the Hsie night vision adjuster slide alter?"

It is hard to say more, until I know exactly what the Hsie night vision adjuster is doing. We cannot work accurately with assumptions. If you know for sure, could you please post a link? I would like to see what Hsie, or whoever wrote the adjuster program, has to say.

It may be on an Hsie post or thread here. I just haven't found it yet if it does exist.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock

Last edited by Kpt. Lehmann; 03-24-20 at 10:55 PM. Reason: clarification
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote