View Single Post
Old 09-19-20, 06:39 AM   #41
Rinaldi
Watch

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

USS Snapper - Salmon class

Now based out of Fremantle for the first time, previously Brisbane.

My character's 8th War Patrol, 3rd in the Snapper.

____
Currently Mar 27/43. Made CPT at end of 7th patrol and was ordered into Solomon Sea for the 8th. It's been quiet and dead, the area is largely 'hunted out' since the close of active hostilities on Guadalcanal. Only traffic worth a torpedo was a single small-type freighter we took with aft tubes just off the coast of New Britain. We've also destroyed a large number of junks, smacks, sampans and trawlers - to the point where we have completely exhausted our 4" HE.

I have since been ordered further north and am on patrol along the equator, just at the edge of the Bismarck sea. I'm astride a cross-roads of lanes I had identified and hunted in my previous patrols in this area and am confident even with reduced need for traffic here I can get something. The problem with the Bismarck Sea lanes is that they tend to be nothing but fast TFs. I've never sank so many warships in a career before.

Hoping the next patrol will put us into the South China Sea area and among targets that don't habitually go 13+ knots and shoot back.
Rinaldi is offline   Reply With Quote