Old 09-17-20, 02:32 PM   #45
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

So, I did the test and indeed it seems saving ship files is system-sensitive

Here's exactly what I did:
- I ran rendering test for files you sent me: all OK
- then I changed speed of FBML from 20 to 15 and back to 20 to make sim file "red"
- saved sim file
- ran the rendering test again, this time I game CTD's at Japanese Subchaser

I wanted to see it it's just my ships so I reverted back to your FBML files and repeated the procedure this time with stock Bismark. Again, after resaving sim file on my computer I got CTD at Japanese Subchaser.

So, for now, it seems the only reliable way to ensure any new mod is TWoS compatible is to send you the mod files to resave on your system

Edit: It would be interesting to see if the same applies to others as well, for that we'd need a volunteer with TWoS 2.2.20 installed to do the same experiment and see if resaving files will also make his/her game crash on test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
You'll noticed that I've changed quarterdeck's type to 108 (rare cargo ships, instead of 102). I don't think that such a small vessel would be commonly seen in large transatlantic convoys, for which type 102 is primarily intended, but If you tend to disagree please let me know.
No, it's all right. Ideally, this kind of ship should be seen in coastal traffic and in short-sea trade (routes like Britain to Norway, Southern Europe through Mediterranean to North Africa, South to North America through Caribbean and such) and not at all in transatlantic convoys, but this would first require expanding existing coastal lines and groups and I didn't want to meddle with campaign files too much as I don't fully grasp how they work.

If you'd like to expand coastal traffic layer in the future, I can search for some historically used routes by such small ships around the world.

Last edited by kapuhy; 09-17-20 at 02:56 PM.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote