View Single Post
Old 03-26-20, 03:04 PM   #1
momps
Watch

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0
Default Trying to get my Steam version working a second time...

I am getting back into Silent Hunter 5 after over a one-year break. I got frustrated because I could not figure out how to install my patches and mods. I purchased SH5 from Steam. It seems that there are many folks out there with Steam installs, so it must be possible to update and add mods to it, but I am having difficulties.
I followed the advice of propbeanie https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...25&postcount=8) and installed SH5 in my games directory (E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 5). I tried running gu.exe from the game updater but I get an error:
The setup has detected that no version of Silent Hunter 5 is installed. This update requires that a previous version of the application be installed.
What am I doing wrong that I cannot get the patch to install? Do I need to install SH5 in the default Program Files (x86), then patch it, then move it to another directory? I look at all of the YouTube tutorials and I really would like to get this patch and modded to TWOs.
Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Momps
momps is offline   Reply With Quote