View Single Post
Old 10-16-12, 11:25 PM   #67
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 269
Uploads: 1046

I agree. You can take advantage of game slowing down or pausing when your opponent tries to fire. Sadly, it is only one of many bugs.

Personally, I try not to exploit this game short-coming/limitation. If my opponent has the game slowed down to 1:1 compression, I might ask him if it is deliberate or if he accidentally forgot to speed up. If he tells me that it is intentional, I just continue to play as though I do not know 'something is in the wind'. If that means I unwittingly sail into a torpedo ambush, then so be it. I try to play as in the same manner as I think a real commander might act. Not everyone believes the same and others may take advantage of the 1:1 time compression as a portent of imminent enemy action.

Of course, you can always play tricks on your enemy, too. You can slow down to 1:1 at random points in time to confuse your enemy. However, this tends to frustrate and annoy you as much as it does your opponent since you have to sit around and do nothing, too.

I'm glad you are enjoying our videos. Just let me know if you want an MP match or demo session.

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote